Shaw and Co Solicitors UK successfully claimed asbestos exposure compensation in respect of a former boiler room worker.
Our client had been employed for many years at the same factory when he was exposed to asbestos dust during the routine repair and maintenance that was carried out in the boiler house.
Sadly our client contracted asbestosis despite the fact he was not actively involved in the repair and maintenance, he was simply exposed to the harmful asbestos fibres that were freed when asbestos lagging was removed from pipe work in the boiler house.
During this period his employers failed to provide him with a safe working environment, failed to provide him with adequate breathing equipment to protect him from the inhalation of the harmful asbestos fibres and failed to provide proper ventilation in the boiler room.
As a result of this asbestos exposure in his retirement our client suffered increasing levels of breathing difficulties and substantial damages of over £100,000.00 were recovered on behalf of him and his family, for this serious personal injury claim.
Your message has been sent. One of our team will be in touch shortly.